The qualitative research interview is NOT:
- scientific, but only reflects commons sense.
- quantitative, but only qualitative.
- objective, but subjective.
- scientific hypothesis testing, but only explorative.
- a scientific method, because it is too person dependent.
- trustworthy, but biased.
- reliable, because it rests on leading questions.
- intersubjective, because different readers find different meanings.
- valid, as it relies on subjective impressions.
- generalizable, because there are too few subject.
Kvale, S., & Brinkmann, S. (2009). Learning the craft of qualitative research interviewing. Thousands Oaks: Sage Publications.